Needy and Humanitarian Services
Charity begins with the inward recognition of a need to show compassion to others whether consciously or unconsciously. Everyone has problems, troubles, and grief of some sort in life, but charity starts with those who learn to down play their own problems, in order to extend compassion, kindness, and love to help others. Hence some people set aside their own pains to relieve the pain of others.
Charity is therefore meant to be done for public benefit, relief and to provide assistance to people in times of need in any part of the world, especially victims of war, human rights violations, natural disaster, catastrophe, hunger, disease, poverty and orphans by supplying them with food, shelter, medical aid and other fundamental needs. Needy and Humanitarian Aid brings relief in times of need. Every year, hundreds of millions of people suffer as the result of natural disasters, climate change, armed conflicts and other crises. Humanitarian aid saves human lives, relieves human suffering, and maintains human dignity during a crisis. It is financed by development cooperation appropriations.
The need for needy and humanitarian aid has never been as great as it is today. In February 2019, the United Nations estimated that almost 139 million people would be in need of humanitarian assistance in the current year. Approximately USD 24.5 billion will be required to help the nearly 104 million people in the most critical need of humanitarian assistance. Uganda has the biggest number of refugees in Africa with over 1.3 million refugees from South Sudan, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia among others. The majority of refugees and displaced people are children and women. Uganda is among the countries in Africa experiencing extreme poverty.
People who need assistance have been affected by conflicts, diseases, poor governance, human rights violations, drought and food insecurity, collapse of the economy and extreme poverty most especially in developing countries in Africa. Uganda has many needy people and refugees who need assistance because they have been affected by one of the above or both. Please give a hand in improving lives of the needy, refugees and other vulnerable communities in Uganda.
Donate and support TAMF by making a difference in the following sectors.
- Donate drugs and food for malnourished children and their families.
- Donate medical supplies to enhance health care for needy children and their families.
- Donate, volunteer and participate in community health outreach initiatives to enhance health care services for the needy children and their families.
- Donate and support building of health care facilities in poor communities who travel long distances to access health care services.
- Donate and support building and provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene services for the needy and refugee communities to enhance their health.
- Sponsor needy and refugee children in emergency situation.
- Support and donate scholastic materials, uniforms, clothes and other related items to enhance needy and refugee child education completion.
- Donate and support school building for needy and refugees children.
- Support and donate Information Communication Technology (ICT) Equipment’s to enhance Computer and technology literacy in rural and slum communities and schools.
- Donate, volunteer and participate in Education community education outreach initiatives to promote literacy and fight ignorance in the needy and refugee communities.
Peace and Human Rights
- Donate, volunteer and support rehabilitation of the victims of peace and human rights violations and abuse.
- Donate, volunteer and support peace and human rights research, community initiatives to promote peace and human rights realization in affected communities.
- Sponsor children and their families to receive peace and human rights education to enhance understanding and realization of their rights.
- Donate and support the building of community homes and rehabilitation centers for people affected by violence and human rights abuse.
Development and empowerment
- Donate and support the skilling and empowerment initiative for eradication of poverty and unemployment in the community.
- Donate and support the building of skilling and empowerment centers in poor communities.
- Donate and support skilling and empowerment of child headed families, girl child and women in poor communities.
- Donate and support poverty eradication and well being related research activities to scale up our poverty eradication and intervention campaigns.
- Give income generating gifts to needy children and their families to enhance their income generating initiatives.
- Sponsor development and empowerment education and training for needy and refugee’s communities.